Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trouble in the Jungle

It is not an easy life to work here in the Costa Rica. Sure there are bugs and snakes, and no electricity, but these are easy difficulties. The challenges come with people. It is very hard to know who to trust, and who is genuine. I see a lot of breakdowns in communication all around me. Many relationships are strained, and I am not a part of this world enough to be able to see the whole picture.

I wonder why it is that G-d does not make things more obvious. Things like which decision is most compatible with his plan, or how to live a life. I know that he has a plan, but it is much harder to follow a plan and be bought into it without very open communication.

I think that part of my problem is that my communication with G-d is not very good. I do not pray enough, and I do not read the scripture enough, and even though I spend much time thinking about G-d, I do not spend enough time resting in his presence. For me to say that the communication problem is on his end would be like me saying that the instructions were not clear when I did not even read the instruction book.

I Am More of a Mountains Person

Today we travelled to Puerto Viejo via a very bumpy ride in the Land Rover, and tomorrow we travel by truck and by boat to the Delta property. I will try to post pictures when I can. Hopefully we will be able to go to Cauita next week, but that is still up in the air at this point because of some paperwork that needs to be done. I don’t really understand it myself, but it is none of my business, so that is okay.

No comments: